What is Smart & Skilled Subsidised Learning?
The NSW Government's Smart and Skilled initiative helps people acquire the information and skills they need to find jobs and progress their careers.
Brighten Institute Australia is pleased to be able to offer Smart and Skilled help to those who qualify so they can advance in their education and development.
Are you eligible for Smart & Skilled Training?
To be eligible you need to meet the minimum criteria below:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citize
- be aged 15 years or older
- live or work in NSW, and
- no longer be at school.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who live in specific defined interstate border areas with NSW may be eligible for Smart and Skilled. You can find out the areas covered from your training provider.
How does this affect my student fees?
The amount of your "Smart and Skilled" subsidised tuition depends on:
1. Requirements for eligibility
2. Particular situations
3. Previously accessed government funding; and
4. Post-secondary credentials
5. A number of variables can influence your student fee. Contact us for further details
What qualifications can I study?
Smart and Skilled training covers:
- Certificate I to Advanced Diploma
- selected Foundational Skills courses
- selected traineeships
- all apprenticeships are fee-free under this program for eligible apprentices who started training on or after 1 July 2018.
Recognition of prior learning / credit transfer
Participants may apply for Credit Transfer (CT) and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). The outcomes will be input to determine any course fee reductions should Brighten Institute Australia approve your request for RPL and/or CT in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 and the NSW Recognition Framework.
RPL is an evaluation procedure that compares your ability to the competency standards you are seeking acknowledgement for with the help of supporting documentation. Before enrolling, if you desire to apply for RPL, please get in touch with Brighten Institute Australia, or clearly indicate your wish to apply for RPL on your application form.
CT is applicable if you can present a certificate, statement of attainment, or transcript that lists the same unit code and title as a unit that is part of the registered course. You will be required to submit a certified copy of your transcripts as proof that you are applying for CT. As an alternative, you can request that Brighten Institute Australia examine your USI transcript. If you wish to apply for CT before enrolling, kindly get in touch with The Change Network.
Deferring or ending sponsored training
If you want to postpone taking your course, you can do so for up to twelve months after notifying us. Please be advised that you won't be allowed to continue your path after this point even if you wish to discontinue.
Please send written notice to Brighten Institute Australia if you wish to drop your course.
Please email email@example.com with your reasons for wanting to postpone or end your course.
We are in the heart of Sydney's CBD, only a few minutes from Martin Place, Wynyard and Circular Quay Railway Stations.Address | Level 5, 12-14 O'Connell Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Click on 'Directions' to get the travel advice.