Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
This qualification, CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing), is specialised in aged care. You know you can seek success and thrive in the high-demand disability roles if you have empathy and the ability to put yourself in the shoes of the elderly you care for, and fully understand their needs to ensure high-quality, person-centred support and compassion.
MODES OF DELIVERY
This course is offered in a variety of formats:
There are no entry requirements for the qualification, however, you must have:
- USI (Unique Student Identifier) number
- A valid and current email address
- A completed LLN assessment (Language, Literacy & Numeracy test)
- Have access to a reliable PC, laptop or tablet computer
- Access to a reliable internet connection and word processing software such as Microsoft Office suite
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
To gain a full qualification, a total of fifteen units must be completed comprising of nine core and six elective units.
It is compulsory to complete 120 hours (minimum 20 hours per week) of work placement within an aged care organisation. Work placement organisations will be introduced by Brighten Institute.
Work placement requirements:
- Up-to-date vaccinations (COVID-19)
- Clear and current National Police Check
- Working with Children Check (upon request)
- Assistant in Nursing
- Support Worker
- Personal Caregiver
- Home Care Assistant
- Accommodation Support
COMPLETION / CERTIFICATION
Students who successfully complete all 15 units of competency will be issued with CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing). Students who successfully complete some units of competency will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the unit(s) in which they have been deemed competent. Successful completion of this course may gain you recognition towards a Certificate IV in Ageing Support.