FOOD SAFETY SUPERVISOR
Skill Set Outline
A set of skills to equip individuals in hygienic practices and handling food safely during the storage, preparation, display, service, and disposal of food.
After completing this course, students are eligible to become a nominated Food Safety Supervisor or a Food Handler.
MODES OF DELIVERY
This course may be offered in a variety of formats:
To be eligible to enrol, learner must:
- be working in a role within the hospitality industry and environment
- have completed a minimum of Year 10 or equivalent
- undertake an online LLN assessment prior to the commencement of the program
- have access to reliable PC, laptop or tablet computer
- have access to reliable internet connection
- have access to Word processing software such as Microsoft Office suite
Achievement of these units provides credit towards qualifications in tourism, travel, hospitality, events, holiday parks and resorts in the SIT Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
To gain a full qualification in, a total of 2 units must be completed
COMPLETION / CERTIFICATION
Students who successfully complete all units of competency within this program will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment and a Food Safety Supervisor certificate.
The units of competence within this skill set are recognised nationally under the Australian Qualifications Framework.